Some will say that it is just a trend, others see it as a necessary good, the truth is that every day there are more companies that dare to offer alternatives for a public that seeks change, and that beyond a trend, vegetarian, vegan, local and healthy food is here to stay.
A few years ago, it was not so easy to find restaurants and cafes that offered a menu with alternatives to animal products, today Barcelona has the luxury of having great places to eat healthy, with local products, and with vegan and vegetarian options.
Here is a list of 4 restaurants that have proven that eating healthy is the best choice we can make.
Eat better, be happier, live longer.
Under this motto, Flax & Kale by renowned Chef Teresa Carles, is one of those places you will always want to return to. The menu reflects a healthy cuisine offering 80% plant-based products and the remaining 20% fish, mostly blue. Today, there are several restaurants in the city offering a creative menu, captivating, and above all with a lot of flavour.
The Flax & Kale group not only offers healthy food but also cares about its impact on the environment. They use renewable energy, all their packaging is compostable, they use Osmosis technology for water purification in all their restaurants and most importantly they promote a healthy, sustainable and environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Address: 26 Trafalgar St., Barcelona.
After its success in Madrid, Honest Greens lands in Barcelona in the middle of Rambla Catalunya, opening soon another location in El Born. They are characterized by offering real, local, unprocessed, preservative-free, organic products and by offering a healthy lifestyle at affordable, convenient and incredibly delicious prices.
In their menu, you will find vegetarian and vegan options and animal products only organic and of proximity, in case you visit with a friend or relative who is not a vegan.
Address: Rambla de Catalunya 3, Barcelona.
Amaltea is one of the first vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona. In Amaltea they cook all the dishes, desserts and also the seitan, yogurt, kefir and bread. They have plenty of vegan options.
They always seek natural flavors, well combined and attractive to the palate and the eye.
Address: Carrer de la Diputació 164, Barcelona.
One of the oldest vegetarian and vegan food places in Barcelona. Open since 1980 and maintaining the same tradition, style and quality as always. In Biocenter you will feel at home in a quiet, pleasant space and above all with a very friendly staff.
Address: Painter Fortuny 25, Barcelona.
Located on one side of Turó Park, at Carrer Francesc Pérez Cabrero number 1, The Slow Beauty Shop awaits you with an impressive selection of over 30 different beauty brands to offer you the best of the science associated with nature.
Those are our 10 best favourite and multi-brand stores for men in Barcelona, which claim from the most classic tailoring, to the most authentic, personal and contemporary designer proposals.
A new concept of kiosk of the future in Barcelona where you can enjoy, in the same place, the best selection of magazines from around the world, national and international newspapers, some very well-chosen books and all accompanied by delicious coffee that they themselves produce and roast.